Wednesday 21 March 2012

1967 Land Rover Series 2a Dormobile Station Wagon.

This morning I had a phone call off a chap about 'an old Land Rover' and he only lives about 2 miles 'as the crow flies'.
Immediately after a short description by the owner I said I would be over within the hour! I knew what is was straight away!
On arrival this vehicle looked so much better than he described over the phone.




This is a beautiful,1 owner from new Dormobile conversion.
It needs some general repairs to get going mechanically butwill need a good amount to make original again.
It started life as a 6cyl petrol but has been converted to a Perkins diesel somewhere in its life :(
However it was professionally converted and has the Perkins badge :) The old girl still retains her 'elephant hide' trim and has the 2/3 size seats intact. Lets hope the previous owner can find the camper internals...
I'll update on this gorgeous girl when she comes home to me on Saturday!

5 comments:

  1. How much did you give for her?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were both happy with the agreed price, he knew what he was selling and I knew what I was buying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. What was the condition of the roof and canvas?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Martin, I'm collecting her on Saturday so I will have a better idea then...
    I'm hoping it will be ok as it hasn't seen much use but knowing my look it will be moth-holed and damp!

    More photos tomorrow!

    Best regards, Mike :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roof and canvas are in very good condition. The glass panels need new seals but there are no holes!

    ReplyDelete