Sunday 8 January 2012

My eBay shop: SeriePartsWorldwide

Now you have read a little bit about me, I will now tell you a little bit more about my other Land Rover involvements...

A little over 18 months ago I set up a business account on eBay. I had a large volume of used but very good condition spares for Series Land Rovers. I set it up as a business account as you are not limited to how much you sell unlike a personal eBay account.

One day I received a phone call from a chap in the Middle East. He basically without hesitation said ' I have a large quantity of brand new old stock land items, I would like you to sell them for me'.

I thought to myself wow... After further conversation, he had been watching the rare and sort after items that I had been selling for a few weeks and was impressed by the consistency of my sales. So I agreed that I would take up his offer once the first shipment of parts had arrived. 

About 6 days after the phone call I received a large box as promised. I was shell-shocked when I opened it...

Here are some of the items it included,
NOS 'Tex Magnalite' indicator unit 





All parts were genuine as promised. It turned out that he has a small air-hangar full of stuff!

We have now been trading together for nearly a year, we have a great relationship and some very funny conversations as we are from two completely different lifestyles.
He is a fantastic chap and I expect we will be working together for a long time.

I am expecting a big shipment via container of which will be rammed with some amazing items!

'Watch this space!'


Now, my other venture is a Land Rover website.

This website is currently top-ranking on Google whenever the phrase ' land rovers for sale' or similar is searched. Basically it is a classified adverts website.
People can sell their vehicles for free and their vehicle will be seen by potential buyers all over the globe.
I basically make my earnings through selling advertising space to Land Rover related companies.
The site is only a year or so old and really needs to mature before I can really start hitting hard sales with it.
My partner Emma and I call it 'The retirement fund!'

That's all for now, off to bed...

  

No comments:

Post a Comment